Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1st Observation

Today I had my first observation and basically my first lesson that I planned and executed all by myself. I used a program called text talk and read a book called The Cow who wouldn't come down. It was a really fun story. The lesson went well. We read the story and then I introduced 6 vocabulary words. The words were glide, contrary, ignored, sternly, innovative and rivals. All those words were used at some point in the story. After the story we went back to our desks and we talked as a group about what each word means. I gave students examples of each word and then we talked about situations where those words would be used. After our discussion we came up with objects and people that glide. The students did a really good job of coming up with all different types of things. Some of the things they named were iceskaters, squirrels, frogs, jets and boats.

For assessment I used a bubble sheet and read 6 sentences out loud. If the sentence made sense using the vocabulary word they filled in the yes bubble, if not they filled in the no. The students did a really good job of staying on task.

After the lesson I talk to my clinical supervisor and he gave me very positive feedback. I received good to exceptional grades on everything. I must not be doing so bad. It was nice to know that I am doing my teaching correctly.

I am looking forward to next week when I teach my first planned math lesson.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing great Anne, But of course we all knew that you would :)