Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SICK!

So I am loving school so much! However I have caught cold number two. This one however knocked me down. I ended up missing my first day and I was sad but at the same time I think I really needed it. I slept for most of the day and I know feel like I will be able to return to school tomorrow rested. I am going to up my vitamin C intake so that I hopefully can kill off the bad germs before they attack my body! On to a better note!

Yesterday the teacher gave me complete control of the whole class and it was a very interesting day. It went really well, but it made a interesting day for more than one reason. The first reason was President Obama's speech was at 10. We only had one student whose parent opted out and so we had her out in our caring corner reading. Our classroom TV was having issues so we joined the 1st grade class next to us and watched the speech. Because the speech was during recess or at least it ended at the begining of recess this pushed the day back a little and threw us off schedule. I felt pretty good about the day but by the end my cold was getting the better of me and I was drained.
Ms. Gilmour was very kind and supportive through the whole day and kept giving me positive feedback with helped a lot. The students were great also. They seemed to listen to me well and did not give me too much greif. I am sure as the weeks go on I will get more comfortable with everything and transitions will go smoother but for now the day went well and I was able to live through it.

No comments: