Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Butterflies

As a class and lesson on life cycles we bought from the science center catterpillars. The container had five caterpillars and each of them turned into a chrysalis. After about 3 days they started to hatch and we got to release the butterflies today. It was raining and cold so it was hard to let them go and they really did not want to leave the habitat they were in because of the cold weather. My Host Teacher and I are not sure that the butterflies will survive the weekend but we also did not think that they would make it through the weekend in the school as we are out for 2 days and the weekend due to UEA.
The class really liked the butterflies and it was fun to watch them get excited about them hatching and worrying about them because it was cold and wet. It makes you realize how caring the students are.
I am looking forward to the long weekend. Getting caught up on homework, sleep and just relaxing. I am also going to a student teacher/new teacher workshop on friday and I am hoping to get a bunch of information out of it. I will find out if the workshops are worth it or not!

No comments: