Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 1

The first week of school was very exciting. The students and teachers are still getting in the swing of things but for the most part everything went well. We did a lot of fun getting to know you activities to help both the students and teachers learn names.
One thing the students did was color a puzzle piece with things they like or that describe them. Here are a few pictures of the puzzle that we turned into a bulletin board. We called our bulletin Parts of the Whole and talked about how each one of the students makes up an important part of the class. Everyone is important in the class.



Here is the entire puzzle put together. It is hard to see where one piece ends and the next begins. We did this on purpose because we wanted the students to know that we are one whole class.
Last but not least here is a picture of our classroom. There are 7 tables with 4 students at each table. It makes for an interesting group. The students have assigned seats and each month their assigned seat will change so that everyone has a chance to sit with everyone.
In the morning we put math manipulative's on the tables for the students to play with. This is a good way for them to get settled into class and work with each other.
I know I have not been keeping up with this blog as well as I could. I am still getting adjusted to the energy required to keep up with my class. I am glad that there is another teacher in the class with me because I can not even imagine trying to get them on task without her help.
Give me another week and I should be on schedule to where I can post daily or even every other day.







No comments: